Sunday, May 28, 2006

I was not in raided hotel spa, says Noh

I was not in raided hotel spa, says Noh
The Star, Kuala Lumpur
05 January 2006


I was not in raided hotel spa, says Noh

“Everybody knows that I was not there.”

Deputy Internal Security Minister Datuk Noh Omar said this in
dispelling rumours that he was the Datuk who was in a hotel spa
during a police raid.

Noh said initially he didn't see the need to respond to newspaper
reports and rumours connecting him to the unnamed politician.

“I was in Kluang. There were many people including Members of
Parliament from Johor who were with me that night.

“That is why I didn't see it as necessary to refute the report,” he
said after visiting the police air wing unit's training centre
yesterday.

Noh said he was not perturbed by the incident.

“I don’t know why people are ready to believe this about me but I
will continue with my work. This will not affect my concentration,”
he added.

Meanwhile, Noh’s private secretary Saiful Bahar Mohd Sahar admitted
he was at the spa after the raid.

“We arrived about an hour after the raid. We were never in the spa at
any time but had only walked to the area after we heard about the
raid,” he said, adding that Putera Umno chief Datuk Abdul Azeez Rahim
was with him.

Posts in various blog sites identified Abdul Azeez as the Datuk who
was mentioned in newspaper reports.

During the raid in Subang Jaya, police from Bukit Aman’s anti-vice
and gambling division arrested 30 foreign women aged between 18 and
30 for suspected vice activities.

Ends

No comments: